Quality and Trust
Welcome to Cartow.ie Membership. Ireland’s premier motor rescue company.
This page contains important information about your Cartow.ie membership, please read the Terms and Conditions carefully.
This membership is for 12 months duration from the date of purchase. However, benefits do not become active until 48 hours from the date of registering your membership online.
The membership is limited to one member and the vehicle registered at the time of joining. Vehicles registered must be under 15 years old at the time of registration.
From time to time the member may be contacted by Cartow.ie with additional benefits, service updates, motoring information and news relevant to safer motoring.
Renewal of the membership will be offered to the member 30 days before the expiry date of the membership. Cartow.ie retains all rights to the cancellation of membership if in its opinion the member has in any way abused the club or the benefits provided to the member (See terms and conditions).
Cartow.ie Membership Breakdown Benefits
If your vehicle breaks down due to an electrical or mechanical fault, we will send a Cartow.ie personal or appointed agent to assist you. We will provide assessment on the breakdown.
If your vehicle cannot be repaired in situ, we will tow it to the nearest or the most appropriate location at which repair may be carried out or to your own garage if closer.
If your vehicle breaks down due to an electrical or mechanical fault or is involved in an accident away from your home, we will send a recovery operator to assist you.
We will provide assessment on the breakdown on arrival of the Cartow.ie personal or appointed agent, if your vehicle cannot be repaired on the spot, we will arrange to tow it to the nearest or the most appropriate location at which repair may be carried out, recovery yard or your home if closer.
If your vehicle suffers a puncture whilst driving, we will assist with the replacement tyre available with the vehicle.
Continuation of Journey
Should we be unable to repair your vehicle in situ then we will offer the accompaniment of the passengers and member, if possible (depending on the passenger capacity of the assisting recovery vehicle) to the nearest location from where they may continue their journey by other means.
Terms and Conditions of Cartow.ie Membership
The member will be entitled up to three assists during annual membership.
1. No services shall be payable unless Cartow.ie has been notified and has authorised services through the medium of the emergency membership number provided.
2. Cartow.ie shall not be liable for any liability or direct loss arising from any act performed in the execution of services provided to the member.
3. Cartow.ie shall not be liable to pay for expenses which are recoverable from any other source.
4. Cartow.ie shall not be liable for any accident or breakdown brought about by any avoidable wilful and deliberate act committed by the member.
5. Cartow.ie shall not be liable for any repairs to the member’s vehicle.
6. Cartow.ie shall not be liable for the costs of any parts, keys, lubricants, fluids or fuel required to restore the vehicles mobility.
7. Cartow.ie shall not be liable for any claims caused by fuels, mineral essences or other flammable materials, explosives or toxins transported in the car.Territorial limits of cover are the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.
8. Cartow.ie will not be responsible where it is asked to provide the service for a fault that was dealt with in the preceding 28 days, excluding punctures.
9. Members can only be provided with the benefits if the registered vehicle was in a roadworthy condition and regularly serviced prior to the incident.
10. Cartow.ie will endeavour to provide all the benefits associated with this membership however, all the options may not be available to us at the time of the breakdown.
11. At all times we will retain the discretion to provide member benefits outside of the membership purchased by the member and dependent upon the circumstances.
12. The member must be with the vehicle when the recovery agent is tasked, if they are absent any subsequent assistance will be at the members own cost.
13. We may refuse benefits in circumstances where the member is clearly intoxicated or the vehicle is in an inaccessible off road location.
14. No benefits will be provided if the vehicle does not hold a valid NCT when required to do so.
15. No benefits will be provided if the vehicle is already at a place of repair.
16. Cartow.ie may not be able to provide benefits where a vehicle is immobile due to snow or ice.
17. Cartow.ie will not be liable for any accident or breakdown arising out of the unreasonable driving of the vehicle on unsuitable terrain.
18. Cartow.ie will not be liable for any winching costs or specialist equipment. Any vehicle or equipment used (other than a standard recovery vehicle) which is required to move a vehicle which has left the road or is overturned or without wheels, would be considered specialist equipment. Once the vehicle has been recovered to a suitable location, normal service will be provided.
19. Cartow.ie membership is restricted to cars and small vans weighing up to 3.5 tonnes (3, 500 kg).
20. Please notify Cartow.ie of any change of vehicle during the membership term. This membership is transferable to one other vehicle during the 12 month period of annual membership.
21. In areas where Cartow.ie personal agents are unavailable the service will be supplied to the member by appointed agents of Cartow.ie.
*These terms and conditions are correct as at the 20th June 2015 and do not affect your statutory rights.Cartow.ie may alter, amend, or otherwise change the terms and conditions at any time by providing written notice to you, either by post or email of such terms and conditions. Alterations, amendments or other changes will also be posted online at www.cartow.ie
Cancellation of Membership
We hope you are happy with the benefits of this membership. However, if after reading the benefits provided, this membership does not meet your requirements, please return it to the agent /Cartow.ie within 14 days of issue and we will return your membership costs if you cancel during the cooling off period and before your membership is starts. If you can cancel during the cooling off period, on or after your membership starts and you have not availed of the service then you are entitled to a full refund. If you cancel within the cooling off period, on or after your membership starts and you have availed of the service then you will be entitled to a full refund however you must reimburse Cartow.ie with the full cost of the breakdown service provided.
Should you wish to cancel your membership after the 14 day cooling off period then Cartow.ie are not obliged to give a refund for the unexpired period during which benefits apply, this does not affect your statutory rights.
Cartow.ie will not be bound to renew this membership and may at any time cancel the membership by sending 14 days notice to the member at their last known address. Provided the membership has been paid in full the member shall be entitled to a proportionate rebate of membership costs in respect of the unexpired period during which benefits apply.
Should you wish to express dissatisfaction or make a complaint in relation to any aspect of your membership please contact us at the below address:
Tel: 1850227 869 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively should you have a compliment or query in relation to your membership please contact us at the above address.
Cartow.ie abides by the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003. Any data you provide to us about yourself or third parties will remain confidential and will be retained securely and in accordance with the above Acts. We may however need to share your personal data with appointed agents and third party service providers who have been assigned by Cartow.ie. We will not keep any information we hold about you for any longer than is necessary.
We record all calls both inbound and outbound for verification purposes and these calls may be monitored for training, quality purposes and in order to detect and prevent fraud.
Unless you have advised us otherwise, from time to time we may contact you (by email, SMS, telephone or other appropriate means) for marketing purposes, to invite renewal of your membership and to advise of membership rewards available to you. We are obliged to make you aware that each time you receive contact from us in relation to marketing you may exercise your right to decline further contact from us. If you wish to avail of this “opt out” option please write to our Data Protection Officer, Cartow.ie, Westpoint Offices, Collinstown Lane, Dublin Airport, Co. Dublin.
You have a right of access to the personal data we retain about you and you have the right to rectify any inaccuracies in this personal data. A copy of your personal data may be requested by writing to our Data Protection Officer, Cartow.ie, Westpoint Offices, Collinstown Lane, Dublin Airport, Co. Dublin together with the applicable fee of €6.35, this amount is chargeable under the terms of the Data Protection Acts and cheque should be made payable to Cartow.ie.
Address: CarTow.ie, Westpoint Offices, Collinstown Lane, Dublin Airport, Co. Dublin.
Phone: 1850-CARTOW (1850-227869)